Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MRS. POTTER'S CHICKEN

We all like crisp chicken, but I am not making it often because my recipe is complicated and time consuming.  When I saw this recipe in the Ladies Home Journal, September 2012 issue I was very happy. Now I can make any time one of our favourite dish.

1 1/2 cups crackers such as Ritz, crushed
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 (1 1/4lb in total)boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted

1. Heat oven to 425 F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray,  set aside.
  
2.Combine crushed crackers, Parmesan, and pepper in a shallow dish, set aside (You can experiment with the ratio of Parmesan to cracker crumbs. More Parmesan will give a softer crust. )

3. Since each chicken breast in half horizontally, so you have 8 pieces total. Pound each chicken piece between two sheets of plastic of plastic wrap until very thin, about 1/4 inch thick.

4. Coat chicken in butter, then dredge in cracker mixture, pressing crumbs firmly onto each piece. Lay chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle any excess coating over top.

Bake 12 min or until golden and cooked through.
Serves 6.
Per serving:280 cal.,13 g fat (5.5g sat), 386 mg sodium, 13 g carb, 66 mg chop, 27 g protein, 0 fiber.

No comments: