Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

LINGUINE WITH SPICY SHRIMP


This recipe is from the Real Simple Recipes.  I am not good at preparing seafood. This recipe look easy to make. I have to try it soon.   Serves 4Hands-On Time: 20mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, stopping just short of al dente. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta. Wipe out the pot.
  2. Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
  3. Reduce heat to medium and add the pasta, watercress, lemon zest, and reserved cooking water and cook, tossing, until the sauce coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes.
By Charlyne Mattox , August, 2012

No comments: