Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ZUCCHINI AND BEAN SALAD WITH BULGUR


One other great recipe from Real Simple.  The people behind this website are wonderful. each food recipe is easy to make,  very tasty  and good for any occasion from family supper to a more serious occasion.  
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 15mTotal Time: 20m

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the zucchini, beans, shallot, almonds, and dill and toss to combine. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini softens slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, place the bulgur in a large heatproof bowl. Add 2 cups boiling water, cover, and let stand until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain. Serve the bulgur topped with the zucchini salad and sprinkled with the goat cheese.
By Charlyne Mattox , August, 2012


Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 477
  • Fat 28g
  • Sat Fat 8g
  • Cholesterol 22mg
  • Sodium 631mg
  • Protein 18g
  • Carbohydrate 43g
  • Sugar 4g
  • Fiber 12g
  • Iron 3mg
  • Calcium 174mg


No comments: