Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

CHICKEN BREASTS WITH ZUCCHINI PAPPARDELLE


Gourmet (July 2009)
Subscribe to Gourmet
Bacx
(This photo: Gourmet)
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Active time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
Ingredients
    * 1 pound zucchini, trimmed
    * 2 garlic cloves
    * 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin (1 1/2 pounds)
    * 1 tablespoon olive oil
    * 2 tablespoons water
    * 1 cup torn basil leaves
    * Equipment: an adjustable-blade slicer
    * Accompaniment: lemon wedges
Preparation
Shave zucchini lengthwise (1/8 inch thick) with slicer and put in a large bowl. Thinly slice garlic and reserve separately.
Pat chicken dry, then cut crosswise into thirds. Season all over with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Sauté chicken in batches, skin side down first, until browned and just cooked through, 8 to 14 minutes total. Add chicken to zucchini.
Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, until pale golden, about 1 minute. Add water and scrape up any brown bits, then drizzle over chicken. Add basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt to bowl and toss until zucchini wilts slightly. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: