Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, June 18, 2012

STEAK WITH SKILLET TOMATOES AND SPICY GREEN BEANS

I found this recipe in the "Real Simple" website. As my family likes steak (except me), I was happy to to have it for the next "steak day".
Serves 4Hands-On Time: 30mTotal Time: 30m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and cook to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
  2. Wipe out the skillet and heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Mix in the oregano.
  3. Meanwhile, cook the green beans in the boiling water until tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Wipe out the pot and heat the garlic in the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the green beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the red pepper and serve with the steak and tomatoes.
By Dawn Perry ,  July, 2011

No comments: