Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, June 07, 2012

PLANK-GRILLED SALMON WITH LEMON AND FENNEL

I saw this salmon recipe on the internet. It looked and sounded delicious; now I have to make it to see if it tastes so good too. I am sure it will.
Plank-Grilled Salmon With Lemon and Fennel

 

Charles MastersServes 8Hands-On Time: 10mTotal Time: 1hr 10m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Soak the cedar plank(s) in water for at least 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium. In a medium bowl, toss the fennel and lemon with the oil. Place the salmon on the plank, season with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, and top with the sliced lemon and fennel mixture.
  2. Place the plank on grill, cover, and cook until the fish is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with the fennel fronds before serving.
By Charlyne Mattox ,  June, 2011

1 comment:

Hajni said...

Made a modified version of this without the plank. Fennel tastes great on the BBQ!