Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, June 01, 2012

LEMON OLIVE CHICKEN


Serves 4Hands-On Time: 25m Total Time: 40m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400° F. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
  2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, cook the chicken until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
  3. Reserving the skillet, transfer the chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the arugula and beans with the pesto and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  5. Add the lemon to the drippings in the reserved skillet and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Mix in the olives. Top the chicken with the olives and lemon and serve with the salad.
By Dawn Perry,  July 2011

Nutritional Information

  • Per Serving
  • Calories 376
  • Fat  26g
  • Sat Fat  6g
  • Cholesterol  111mg
  • Sodium  569mg
  • Protein  32g
  • Carbohydrate  3g
  • Sugar  0g
  • Fiber  1g
  • Iron  2mg
  • Calcium  24mg

No comments: