Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, June 18, 2012

CHOCOLATE ICEBOX CAKE


I received this recipe from  "Real Simple" website. It looks delicious.

Directions

  1. In a food processor, puree 2 15-ounce containers ricottawith 12 ounces melted and cooled semisweet chocolate until very smooth.
  2. Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Layer the ricotta mixture and half of a 9-ounce package of chocolate wafer cookies in the prepared pan (3 layers of the ricotta mixture and 2 layers of the cookies, beginning and ending with the ricotta mixture).
  3. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days. To serve, remove from pan, slice, and sprinkle with ¼ cup shaved semisweet chocolate.
By Kate Merker and Sara Quessenberry ,  August, 2010

No comments: