Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

SEARED SCALLOPSWITH FENNEL AND CHERRY TOMATOES

Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 30m| Total Time: 30m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook on one side until just browned, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
  2. Add the fennel, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the clam juice, wine, and tomatoes and cook until the liquid begins to thicken, 6 to 8 minutes more. Add the scallops, browned-side up, and cook until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
  3. Meanwhile, rub the baguette slices with the garlic and, dividing evenly, drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Sprinkle the scallops, vegetables, and cooking liquid with the fennel fronds and serve with the baguette slices.
By Charlyne Mattox ,  June, 2012

No comments: