Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP AND WATERCRESS

It is very easy to make. I used normal rice, I increased the cooking time 5 more minutes. The best is to check the rice in the oven. I used arugula from the garden in stead of watercress. It was very tasty. I will make it again. 

 Serves 4Hands-On Time: 40m
Total Time: 40m


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 425° F. Heat the butter in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until syrupy, 6 to 7 minutes.
  2. Add the chicken broth and rice to the Dutch oven, stir to combine, and bake, covered, until the rice is almost tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the shrimp, stir to combine, and cook until opaque, 6 to 7 minutes more. Fold in the watercress before serving

No comments: