Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, April 13, 2018

FENEL AND PEAR SALAD RECIPE

40 grams almond slice (with skin)
600 grams fennel
pears
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
tablespoons grapeseed oil
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon honey
salt
freshly ground pepper
60 grams black olives (pitted)
tarragon (for garnish)

Step 1/2Toast almonds in a dry skillet.
Step 2/2Rinse fennel, cut in half, remove hard stalk if necessary and cut into thin slices. Set fennel leaves aside for garnish. Rinse pears, cut into quarters, remove core, cut into thin slices. Set fennel leaves aside for garnish. Rinse pears, cut into quarters, remove core, cut into thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix vinegar in a bowl with grapeseed oil, olive oil and honey and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange fennel and pear slices on plates and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Cover with almonds and olives and serve garnished with tarragon and fennel leaves.

No comments: