Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, April 13, 2018

FRUITY FINGERPRINT COOKIES

EDR Fruity Fingerprint Cookies

What You'll Need:
  • 3/4 cup sugar 
  • 1/2 cup margarine, light 
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided 
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 2 tablespoons skim milk 
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts 
  • 1/4 cup sugar-free fruit preserves for filling 


What To Do:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, egg, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Add the flour, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla; mix well. 
  3. Shape into balls, then roll the balls in the chopped walnuts. 
  4. Place on cookie sheets that have been coated with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Press thumb into the center of each cookie ball to make an indentation, then fill each "imprint" with your favorite preserves. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden. 

    Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

No comments: