Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

BROOKIES

What You'll Need:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/4 cup light margarine 
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar 
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar 
What To Do:
  1. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
  2. In a medium saucepan, melt margarine; remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and brown sugar. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. 
  3. Cover and chill dough 1 hour. (Dough will be stiff.)
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
  5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets.
  6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are set. Cool 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

No comments: