Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, March 10, 2018

PUMPKIN SOUP

From my dear friend Ulli. It is very very good.

 Take an onion and roast it a bit in butter, should still be white, not brown. Put the pumpkin pieces inside, give a big peeled potato, a big carrot inside, put also a tomato cut into some pieces put water over it, give salt, pepper, cinnamon (not to much) and let it broil. When done, mix it, give a bit of orange juice inside, also cream and mix it again.
Serve it with pumpkin seed oil and roasted bread pieces.

No comments: