Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

LEMON ROAST CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS

    • 4 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces
    • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    • Sea salt and cracked black pepper
    • 10 small sprigs tarragon
    • 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
    • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
    • 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced
    • 1/2 cup dry white wine
    • 1/2 cup chicken stock
    • Lemon wedges, to serve
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a heavy ovenproof pot or Dutch oven on a stovetop over high heat. Score the chicken skin at regular intervals, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add to the pot and cook for 6–8 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove from the pot and set aside. Add the tarragon, lemon zest, garlic and fennel to the pot and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Return the chicken to the pot with the wine and stock and bring to a simmer.
    2. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20–25 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Serve with the lemon wedges.

No comments: