Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

SLOW COOKER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP


Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup - 4 ingredients only!
autor: Deryn Macey
  • Prep Time: 10 mins
  • Total Time: 10 mins
  • Yield: 6-8 servings
  • Category: Soup, Entree, Side

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks, approx. 8 cups once cubed (if it’s more or less than that no problem, adjust amoutn of liquid so squash is just covered)
  • 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
  • 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
  • 5 cups vegetable stock (or just enough to cover the squash)
  • salt and pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Add the squash, onion, garlic and vegetable stock to a slow cooked and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours until the squash is soft and tender.
  2. Once it’s cooked, either blend directly in the slow cooked using an immersion blender or carefully pour into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: