Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

SPICES NUT SQUARES

Ingredients

1 ⅛ cup all purpose flour
2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅜ teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 ½ pinch ground cloves
¾ cup butter
¾ cup light brown sugar
eggs
¾ cup black molasses (molasses)
4 ½ pieces crystallized ginger (chopped)
1 ⅛ cup chopped almonds
powdered sugar

Preparation steps

Step 1/6
Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Grease a 33cm x 23cm|13" x 9" baking tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.

Step 2/6
Sift the flour, baking powder and spices into a large bowl. 

Step 3/6
Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy. 

Step 4/6
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the treacle until blended. 

Step 5/6
Stir in the flour mixture, chopped ginger and almonds and stir well until thoroughly combined. 

Step 6/6
Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just set. Cool completely in the tin, then sift over a little icing sugar. Cut into squares to serve. 

No comments: