Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, March 25, 2018

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES 2.

** my favourite recipe

1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed very well
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 to 1/2 cu pure maple syrup, honey or agave
1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 to 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Blend well. a blender can work if you must but the texture and taste will be better in a food processor.

Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chips on the top.

Bake for 15-18 min, let cool for 10 min before cutting.

If they still look a bit undercooked you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up.

No comments: