Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY BROCCOLI, GINGER AND TURMERIC SOUP

Prep Time
20 mins
Cook Time
3 hrs
Total Time
3 hrs
This super healthy broccoli, ginger and turmeric soup is a powerhouse of anti-inflammatory ingredients and will warm you right up on a cold day.
Course: Main Course 
Servings6 -8
Calories126 kcal
Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 4 cups of leeks chopped
  • 2 tablespoons ginger chopped
  • 8 cups of broccoli florets roughly 2 heads
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 6 cups stock
Instructions
  1. Heat a large pan over medium heat, and melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 or so minutes, until leeks are cooked through.
  2. Transfer the leeks to a 5 quart slow cooker with the ginger, broccoli, turmeric, salt, sesame oil and stock.
  3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, until broccoli is tender.
  4. Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until creamy and smooth.
  5. Serve with yogurt and big chunks of bread.
Recipe Notes
CAUTION: do not cook this on high and be cautious to not overcook the soup (can cause bitterness)

Excellent served with yogurt or sour cream

No comments: