Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Thursday, April 19, 2018

QUINOA TABBOULEH


  • 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
  • 2 cups water
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 red or orange bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cups tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and medium diced
  • 1 bunch mint, chopped
  • 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
    1. Combine Quinoa and water in a medium saucepan.
    2. Bring to a boil.
    3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 15 minutes. 
    4. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. 
    5. Stir in olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper. 
    6. Cool to room temperature. 
    7. Add remaining ingredients except for the mint and parsley; mix well. 
    8. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to 4 hours to allow flavors to develop. 

    9. Before serving, stir in the mint and parsley.

No comments: