Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, April 13, 2018

PASTA SALAD WITH VEGETABLES

500 grams colorful fusilli
400 grams green beans
red bell pepper
celery
50 grams black olives (pitted)
lettuce
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons white vinegar
salt
pepper (freshly ground)
cayenne pepper

Preparation:
Prepare fusilli according to package directions in salted water. Cook until al dente. Drain.

Rinse beans and soak in salted water for about 4 minutes. Blanch. Drain and cut in half. Rinse the celery, cut into slices and soak in the salt water for about 2 minutes. Blanch.

Rinse bell pepper, cut in half, remove the seeds and ribs and dice.

Cut olives into slices.

Rinse and dry lettuce. Placed 2 leaves on each plate.

Mix and season all ingredients with olive oil, vinegar, salt, cayenne and pepper. Let sit about 15 minutes then serve on lettuce leaves.

Suggestion:
You can add fried fish to it if you want a full meal.

No comments: