Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES WITH GINGER AND TURMERIC

    • 3/4 cup dark chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
    • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
    • 1/2 cup raw almonds
    • 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
    • 1 1/2 cups pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
    • 1/4 cup chia seeds
    • 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
    • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
    • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    • Pulse coconut, almonds, and pumpkin seeds in food processor until very coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl
    • Pulse dates in food processor until finely chopped. Scrape down sides of bowl and add chia seeds. With the motor running, slowly stream in 1/4 cup very hot water and process until a paste forms. Add almond butter, ginger, turmeric, and salt; process until very smooth. Add coconut mixture and pulse until just combined.
    • Scoop date mixture by the level tablespoon, roll into balls in between palms, then roll in reserved chopped espresso beans, pressing slightly to adhere. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet or plate and chill at least 1 hour.
    • Do Ahead
    • Bites can be made 7 days ahead. Chill in an airtight container, or freeze up to 3 months

No comments: