Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, January 02, 2012

APPLE & PEAR BUND CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE

very very good, easy to make

serves 10 to 12

2 cups (500ml) granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
3 cups(750ml) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5ml) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2ml) salt
1 each apple and pear

Caramel glaze:
1/2 cup (125ml) butter
1/2 cup(125ml) packed brown sugar
2 tsp (10ml) milk

In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Using a wooden spoon stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in apple and pear. Spoon batter into greased and floured 12 cup (3l) bundt pan. Bake at 350F (180C) for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 20minutes.

Caramel glaze: In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and milk. Boil for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove cake from pan; spoon warm glaze over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments: