Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, January 07, 2012

CHEESE-TOPPED LEEK AND PARSLEY SPAGHETTI SAUCE

Gorgonzola and goat cheese are equally good in this dish. Choose goat cheese for a milky, tart-sweet dish and Gorgonzola for a piquant, savoury dish. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

2 tbsp / 30 ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp / 2 ml salt
generous 1/4 tsp / 1 ml black pepper
2 cups / 500 ml chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 leeks (white and light green parts only) thinly sliced
1/2 / 125 ml dry white wine
1 cup / 250 ml vegetable or chicken stock (or pasta cooking liquid)
1/2 cup / 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp / 30 ml butter
6 to 8 oz / 175 to 250 g fresh goat cheese or Gorgonzola cheese

In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat; fry garlic, salt and pepper for 1 minute. Stir in 1 2/3 cups  / 400 of the parsley; fry until fragrant, 1 to 2 minute. Stir in leeks; fry stirring often until leeks are very soft, 12 to 15 minutes.
Stir in wine. Cook stirring until wine has evaporated. Stir in stock; simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, remaining parsley and butter. Serve over spaghetti. Evenly divide goat cheese or Gorgonzola to taste over top; serve immediately.  


No comments: