Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MEXICAN GRILLED SHRIMP

Glycemic Index: low;  Yield: 4 servings;  I am not very good in cooking shrimp. Finally I found a recipe which is easy to make and the result is divine (-: 

1pound (455g) large shrimp peeled
2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
1 tablespoon (20g) homey
1/2 teaspoon cilantro
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a zipped plastic bag. Turn to coat shrimp well. Marinate at least 2 hours. Grill or saute until done.

Each servings:  94 g water; 140 calories (13% from fat, 68% from protein, 18% from carb); 23 g protein; 2g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 6 g carb; 0g fiber; 5 g sugar; 236 mg phosphorus; 63 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 169 mg sodium; 228 mg potassium; 218 IU vitamin A; 5 mg vitamin C; 172 mg cholesterol

No comments: