Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Monday, January 02, 2012

GRILLED TROUT WITH TOMATO SALSA

2 field tomatoes, diced
1 cup (250ml)diced cucumber
1/4 (50ml) cup fresh bail
2 tsp (10ml) red wine vinegar or lime juice
2 cloves garlic minced
1 lb (500g) fresh trout fillets
canola oil
salt and pepper

In a large bowl, gently combine tomatoes, cucumber, basil, vinegar and garlic; set aside.
 Brush trout lightly with oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place trout skin side down on greased grill over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; close lid and grill, about 5to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness) or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when testedwith a fork. Remove fish with along, wide metal spatula. Serve with tomato salsa spooned over top.

No comments: