Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

FENNEL SPINACH SALAD

1 bulb fennel
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
10 oz. cleaned spinach

Trim the fennel and cut it into thin slices. In a large frying pan,
heat the oil and add fennel and 1⁄2 tsp salt. Cook until fennel has
softened. 8-10 minutes. Stir in lemon-juice. Add the spinach, 1⁄4 tsp
salt and 1⁄4 tsp pepper. Stir until the spinach begins to wilt.

No comments: