Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

TOMATO FLAN

it is from Vogue; Jeannie, our friend in Halifax was making it. I didn't really liked it.

Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, cook 8 large red tomatoes (or a large can of stewed tomatoes) with 4 chopped shallots. Add 1 tsp sugar, salt and ground peppers. Simmer 20 min. Puree in a blender. Add basil (chopped), stir in 5 eggs and 1/2 cup of cream. Butter a souffle dish. Pour tomato mixture into the dish. Cover with buttered wax paper. Place into a pan of water . Bake for 45 min in a 400F oven. Cool, un-mold.
Sauce: Puree 2 avocados with lime juice to taste and add a little cream to thin. Serve sauce with flan.

No comments: