Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS SALAD

250 ml couscous 1 cup
2 tbsp each lemon juice and olive oi
l
75 ml chopped green onion
l
2 medium tomatoes diced

250 ml canned red kidney beans (1 cup)
125 g feta or mozzarella cheese crumbled (1/4 lb)
60 ml walnut pieces or pine nuts (1/4 cup)
25 ml each finely chopped fresh mint and/or oregano (2tbs

p)

Cook couscous in 1 cup of water. Cool to room temperature. Whisk together lemon juice and oil. Pour over other ingredients, combining well. Season with fresh pepper. Serves four.

No comments: