Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

WILTED KALE WITH LEMON AND GARLIC

2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced

salt and fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp olive oil

2 bunches kale, about 2 lb (1 kg) total weight, stems removed and carefully rinsed

In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper to taste to form a vinaigrette. Set aside.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Cut the kale crosswise into 1 inch (2.5 cm)strips and add to the pan. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale wilts, 5-7 minutes. Uncover, drizzle the vinaigrette over the kale and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place on a warmed plate and serve immediately.

No comments: