Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

VEGGIES AND RICE

Makes 5 cups (1.25L)

Preparation time:6 minutes
Baking time:8 minutes


1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
1 cup (250ml) sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup (125 ml)diced sweet red pepper
15 snow peas, cut into thirds

1 clove garlic, minced

2 green onions, sliced
1 egg beaten

3 cups (750 ml)cold, cooked long grain rice
2 tbsp (25 ml) soy sauce

In large nonstick deep skillet heat vegetable oil over medium -high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, snow peas and garlic; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add green onions and beaten egg; stir until egg is just set. Add rice and soy sauce; stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.


No comments: