Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

FRESH TOMATO SALSA

5 ripe tomatoes seeded and finely chopped

1 large clove garlic minced or pressed

1 small onion finely chopped

1 1/2 - 2 tsp fresh jalapenos minced or 8 oz can of green chilies
2- 3 tsp cilantro chopped

1/2 tbsp olive oil

2 1/2 tsp lime juice

pinch of oregano
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours then refrigerate if not using immediately. Caution: fresh jalapenos can burn skin and eyes. Wash hands immediately after mincing peppers. Adjust hotness of salsa by adding more or less peppers.

No comments: