Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Sunday, April 04, 2010

WHITE BEAN DIP WITH CHIPS AND STICKS

Serves 12

3 garlic cloves

3 15 oz cans cannelini (white kidney beans) rinsed drained

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2-1/4 tsps ground cumin
1-1/2 tsps chili powder

salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tbsps minced fresh cilantro

Additional minced fresh cilantro for garnish.
Fresh vegetables (carrot sticks, celery stick, cauliflower).
Tortilla chips.



Finely chop garlic in processor. Add beans and lemon juice and puree. Mix in oil, cumin and chili powder. Season with salt, pepper. Puls 3 tbsps cilantro. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with vegetables and chips. Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.

No comments: