Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, January 01, 2011

APPLE PIE

Pastry: 250 ml (1 cup) flour
80 ml shortening
1 ml salt
60-75 ml water
Jol osszegyurjuk, 2 kerek tesztat nyujtunk belole. Az eggyik hogy a pie sutobe kerul es az oldalat is befedjuk vele. A masik teszta a toltelek tetejere kerul. Kilyukasztjuk hogy a goz kiszabaduljon alola sutes kozben. Lehet teto nelkul is sutni a piet.

Toltelek: 80 ml sugar
30 ml flour
5 ml cinnamon
2 ml nutmeg
2 apples peeled (optional) and cored sliced
Bake at 450F for 15 min; reduce to 350F and bake it for 20 minutes more.
Uzleti pie tesztat is lehet hasznalni.

No comments: