Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, January 01, 2011

STRAWBERRY PRESERVE

makes 7-1/2cups, very good; old fashioned recipe

3 lb fresh strawberries hulled
7 - 1/2 cups white sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
1 pinch salt

In a stockpot combine strawberries, sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a rolling boil and cook stirring frequently for 15 to 20 min, or until the temperature of the mixture has reached 220F (105C).
Transfer the mixture to hot sterile jars leaving 1/2 in headspace, and seal. Process any unsealed jars in a water bath. Refrigerate jams once the seal is broken.

No comments: