Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, January 01, 2011

HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE

prep.:5 min
chill: 2 hours
4 serving
1/2 cup (125 ml) hazelnut chocolate spread
1 tbsp (15ml) unsalted butter
3/4 cup (175ml) whipping cream
12 toasted hazelnuts (optional) halved

In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate spread with 3 tbsp (45ml) water until smooth; stir in butter. Keep warm.
In separate bowl, whip cream; fold one-third into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining cream. Divide among four 1 cup (250ml) serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Garnish with hazelnuts (if using).
per serving: about 388 cal, 4g pro, 31g total fat (14g sat fat), 26 g carb, 2 g fibre, 66 mg chol, 32 mg sodium, 229 mg potassium, % RDI: 8% calcium, 7% iron, 20 % vit A, 4% folate.  

No comments: