Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

APRICOT ROLL


Dried apricots, chopped 1 cup 250 ml
Dates, chopped 1/2 cup 125 ml
Vanilla cookie crumbs 3/4 cup 175 ml
Lemon rind, grated 2 tsp 10 ml
Shredded coconut 1/2 cup 125 ml
Icing (confectioner's) sugar 1/3 cup 75 ml
Brandy flavoring 2 tsp 10 ml
Orange juice 3 tbs 30 ml
Granulated sugar

Either chop the apricots and dates or put them through the food grinder. Combine in a bowl along with cookie crumbs, lemon rind, coconut and icing sugar.
Mix the brandy flavoring with the orange juice, then add to dry mixture. Form into roll. Roll in sugar. Chill in refrigerator. Slice thinly as required.

No comments: