Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, December 03, 2010

GREEK-STYLE MAHI MAHI


pic.1. mahi mahi prepared for grilling
pic. 2. the final product


3 medium tomatoes (about 3/4 pound total), each cut into 8 wedges
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
4 (6-ounces) pieces mahimahi fillet (1 1/2 inches thick) with skin
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup crumbled feta
3 tablespoons chopped mint
2 tablespoons chopped dill
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
8 very thin lemon slices

Preheat broiler.

Toss tomatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Line a broiler pan or small 4-sided sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly oil foil. Put fish, skin sides down, on pan and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.

Whisk together mayonnaise, feta, herbs, and lemon juice and spread over top of fish. Put 2 lemon slices (slightly overlapping) on center of each fillet. Drizzle lemon slices with remaining 2 teaspoons oil.

Broil fish 8 inches from heat until just cooked through, 14 to 16 minutes. If topping browns before fish is cooked, cover loosely with foil. Serve fish with tomatoes.

Serve with:
toasted orzo with saffron and fennel

No comments: