Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

CARROT CAKE


Hajnalka kedvence

Mixture #1: 2 cups flour,1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp cinnamon
Mixture #2: 1 cup salad oil, 2 cups sugar, beat well after each addition
Mixture #3: beat 4 eggs slightly and add to Mixt #2.
Turn Mix #1 into the Mix #3.
Add 3 cups grated raw carrots and 1 cup finely chopped nuts and 3/4 tsp vanilla.
Bake at 375 F for 60 to 80 min.



Carrot Cake Frosting
can be used for other cakes too
1 8 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup soft butter or margarin
2 tsp vanilla extrat
1 lb icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
Mix it all together.










No comments: