Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

RHUBARB FLAN

From Jeannie Ascoli, Halifax

1cup milk
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
vanilla
salt
1 tsp cinnamon and cloves
2 cup rhubarb in 1/4 inch slices

In blender combine 1/3 cup sugar flour, eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Pour 1/4 in. Batter in a buttered 8x8 pan. Bake 5 min at 400F (200C). Mix the rhubarb and the rest of the sugar with cloves and cinnamon. Spread on cooked batter and pour rest of butter on top. Bake 30 min at 400F. Cool on rack and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.

No comments: