Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

RHUBARB STIR CAKE

1⁄4 cup butter, softened
1 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla
2 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
4 cups rhubarb
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 tsp nutmeg

In large bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and
vanilla. Sift or stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually
stir into butter mixture. Fold in sour cream and rhubarb. Spoon into
greased 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. Stir together granulates sugar
and nutmeg, sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degree for 40 minutes or
until tester comes out clean.

No comments: