Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, December 03, 2010

NO KNEAD BREAD

I did not have any success in making this bread. However, my husband tells me that his colleague brings wonderful and very tasty slices of bread  for lunch to work.

For 1 normal loaf of Country Bread
  • 2 cups all-purpose or bread flour
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup any multi-grain mix
  • 1/4 tsp dry yeast
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 5/8 cups of warm water 
  •  
  • For 1 normal loaf of City Bread
  • 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
  • 1/4 tsp dry yeast
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 5/8 cups of warm water

For 1 larger loaf of Country Bread

  • 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup any multi-grain mix
  • 1/2 tsp dry yeast
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/4 cups warm water

For 1 larger loaf of City Bread

  • 4 cups all-purpose or bread flour
  • 1/2 tsp dry yeast
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/4 cups warm water

For baking

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Whisk the dry ingredients together thoroughly. Add the water and stir until a wet dough forms. Continue stirring until the dough incorporates all the loose flour in the bowl, about 60 seconds in total.
  3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and rest in a warm place for 18 hours. It will double in size, bubble and long gluten strands will form.
  4. Knock the dough down and form it into a baking pan. Rest the dough a second time. In 2 to 3 hours it will rise again and double in size once more. Bake 45 minutes in a preheated oven.

No comments: