Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BRAN (OATMEAL) MUFFINS (healthy)

Hajnalka receptje

3 cups bran flakes soaked in 1 cup boiling water (can be used oatmeal , wheat germ also)
1 cup honey or molasses or half of each
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs (optional)
1/2 cup apple sauce
3 cup whole wheat flour
2 - 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1 cup presoaked raisins or walnuts

Combine honey, buttermilk, eggs, oil add to bran (oatmeal) mixture . Mix until big clumps are gone. Combine flour, soda. Mix well. Add to bran mixture. Stir in presoaked raisins. Bake 25 min at 350F.

No comments: