Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

MIXED FRUIT CAKE

Isti kollegajatol, Halifax

1 cup white sugar
1 cup margarine
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp vanilla
Raisins, mixed fruit, red and green cherries. Cream butter and sugar, add beaten eggs, orange juice. Sift flour and baking powder. Reserve 1/2 cup four for fruit. Add flour and fruit to mixture. Bake in a large greased pan at 300F for 1 1/2 hours. Don’t serve for several days; keep it wrapped in a sealed plastic wrap.

No comments: