Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CINNAMON ROLLS

125 ml brown sugar
65 ml shortening
1 egg
3 ml vanilla
100 ml milk
375 ml flour
10 ml baking powder
2 ml salt

1.Cream sugar and shortening. Add egg and vanilla.
2.Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3.Add dry ingredients to shortening mixture alternately with the milk.
4.Knead gently on a floured surface
5.Roll out in a rectangle.
6.Melt 30 ml margarine.
7.In a small bowl mix 60 ml white sugar and 9 ml cinnamon.
8.Spread dough with melted margarine using a pastry brush, then
sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
9.Roll dough. Cut into slices.
10.Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
11.Glaze when cooled with 65 ml icing suagr mixed with 8 ml of water.


No comments: