Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

APPLE CAKE WITH RAISINS

1⁄4 cup butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 medium eggs
1⁄2 cup half and half
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced

For topping:
1 1⁄2 cups Almond raison muesli
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 F.

1.Lightly grease and flour a 9 inch spring form pan. In a mixing bowl
, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
eggs, one at a time. Beating well after each. Add cream, vanilla,
flour and baking powder. Beat until smooth.
2.Pour batter into prepared pan, banging it on a level surface to
even it out. Place sliced apples on top of batter, pressing slightly
into batter, Bake for 30 minutes.
3.In a medium sized bowl, combine the Muesli flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and mix to combine well. Remove cake
from oven and spread topping evenly over the cake. Bake for another 20
minutes. Let cake cool in the pan.

No comments: