Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Friday, December 03, 2010

PANETONNE BREAD

A kenyercsinalo geppel kell ezt kesziteni

2 eggs (tojas)
1/4cup milk (tej)
3 tbsp butter or margarine (vaj vagy margarin)
1/3 cup water (viz)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour (liszt)
1/4 cup white sugar (kristalycukor)
1/2 tsp anise seed (anizs mag)
2 tsp bread machine yeast (eleszto)
1/2 cup raisins (mazsola)
1/2 cup candied chopped mixed fruit (aprora vagott cukrozott gyumolcs)

Everything I put in the breadmaker, minus  the raisins and candied mixed fruit.  I set the machine on "dough" (2 hrs). Start, when the machine beeps I put in the raisins and fruits. When the dough is ready, I take it out and place it in a pan. I cover it and leave it for 30-45min to raise again. I I put the owen on 350 F and I bake it 30 min, or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the panettone.

No comments: