Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

ALMON TORTRE

Roxan Mio’s recipe, Halifax

2 eggs
250 g sugar
250 g butter
200 g flour
100 g sliced almonds

Grease a pan, flour it. Mix the eggs with 150 g sugar and 150 g butter (soft). Cream.
Add the flour. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake at 350 F until it’s golden.
Mix the remaining suggar and butter (melted) with the almonds. Top the cake with this mixture. Broil.

No comments: