Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

DARK CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

Preparation time: 20 minutes; broiling time: 2 minutes; makes: about 42 truffles

3⁄4 cup whole blanched almonds or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
8 squares ( 8 oz) bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate.
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
1⁄4 cup sifted icing sugar
1⁄4 tsp vanilla
1⁄4 cup rum, or almond, or orange or raspberry liqueur.
Icing Sugar

1.Preheat broiler. Whirl almonds in a food processor until finely
chopped but not ground. Spread on a baking sheet and place 6 inches
from broiler. Broil until golden brown. Cool.
2.Break Chocolate into small pieces and place with butter in a small
saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir until melted and smooth. Using
a rubber spatula, turn into a medium size mixing bowl. Stir in 1⁄4 cup
icing sugar, vanilla, and rum or liqueur. Stir in almonds.
Refrigerate, uncovered until firm enough to roll, about 2 hours. Form
into 1 inch balls and roll in icing sugar.

Store, tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

No comments: