Welcome to my recipe collection.

These recipes offer a delicious mix of new and old world flavors. From the kitchens of my mother and grandmother in Transylvania to the new fusion mixes from my home kitchen in Canada. I have been inspired by the fickle tastes of my children ( vegetarian, pescatarian or whichever way the wind may blow) and my desire to become healthier without compromising taste. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Leave me comments and your favorite recipes!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

LEMON BLUBERRY POUND CAKE

this cake freezes well

1⁄2 cup butter
4 oz. cream cheese
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups fresh field blueberries
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
1 cup lemon yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
1⁄4 tsp lemon rind

Glaze:
3⁄4 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

Set oven to 350 F. Grease 10 inch bunt pan and set aside.

1.Wash blueberries and drain. In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp of the flour
with the blueberries. Set aside.
2.In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Set aside.
3.In a large bowl mix butter, cream cheese and sugar on low-medium
setting until combined. Add alternately flour mixture and yogurt. Add
blueberries. Vanilla and lemon rind. Pour into greased pan and bake
for 60 -70 minutes.
4.Remove from oven and let the cake cool in pan for 15 – 20 minutes.
Place wax paper under wire rack. Remove cake from pan and let it cool
on wire rack.
5.Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice. Brush over the cake.

No comments: